Who can enter?
To enter the essay competition you must be:
- studying either full or part time (undergraduate or postgraduate) at a recognised Australian university by the close of applications 31st May 2018
- over the age of 18 years as of the date of submission.
How to submit an entry?
Entries must be submitted via email@example.com by 11:59 pm (AEST) on 31st October 2019 using the Essay Competition Template. Entries will not be accepted after this time.
Essays must be submitted into one of the following categories:
- Science (e.g. agriculture, medicine, life sciences, nutrition)
- Engineering / IT
- Law/Arts/Social Sciences/Extension
The category will be determined by the school or faculty in which your degree sits. If you are unsure please email firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of the closing date for confirmation. The Global/Open category is open to anyone over the age of 18.
The essay must be no more than 1500 words in length and address the following question:
- Discuss the current and future opportunities to apply theories and skills from your academic discipline to the practice of agriculture. How could greater involvement from your chosen academic discipline in agriculture enhance productivity and sustainability within Australian agriculture and help global food security?
Terms and Conditions
- The AgriEducate essay competition runs from the 26th June 2019 until 11:59 pm (AEST) on the 31st October 2019.
- Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm (AEST) on the 31st May 2019 via email using the template.
- AgriEducate reserves the right to disqualify any entries received after the competition has closed.
- Entries must not exceed the 1500 word limit (excluding references, headings and title text) and AgriEducate reserves the right to use its discretion should entries exceed this limit.
- Only one entry is allowed per person.
- By entering the competition, you declare that the submitted work is entirely your own. AgriEducate will immediately disqualify any work suspected of being plagiarised or suspected to be subject to academic misconduct.
- Entries must be written in English. If English is a second language or the entrant is Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, please declare that in your entry form.
- By entering the competition, entrants declare that material does not infringe on any copyright or licenses. It remains the entrants’ responsibility to ensure this is the case. AgriEducate is not liable for any losses as a result of entering this competition.
- The views expressed in the essays do not reflect on the views of AgriEducate, and remain solely the views of the entrant.
- By entering the competition, you declare that all information provided is correct and not misleading, and you meet the eligibility requirements. If AgriEducate suspects that any false information has been provided, or if an entrant is ineligible, the work will be disqualified.
- AgriEducate reserves the right to withdraw applications at any stage for any reason determined appropriate by AgriEducate.
- AgriEducate reserves the right to extend or modify the closing date.
- By entering the competition, the entrant grants AgriEducate and the sponsors the right to reproduce, publish, and use the submitted work and entrants details as required for appropriate purposes, without royalty, commission or further reimbursement. The work will be attributed to the entrant/author at all times practicable.
- AgriEducate reserves the right to modify and format the essays for publication purposes.
- Essays will be marked by a panel of judges chosen by Sponsors and AgriEducate. As part of the competition AgriEducate will provide submitted essays and entrant details to each member of the judging panel, in the relevant category.
- AgriEducate reserves the right to determine the final outcome of the competition, and to name and order winners and prizes, in discussion with sponsors and judges.
- AgriEducate reserves the right to modify or remove any prizes if required, or not to award a prize.
- Prizes are not transferable, not assignable and not substitutable.
- A prize will not be awarded for the Global/Open category.
- By entering the competition, the entrant gives permission for AgriEducate and sponsors to use the winners name, likeness and work for promotional purposes, and other purposes deemed appropriate.
- Participants agree that AgriEducate and sponsoring entities are not liable for any damages or losses arising from the competition.
- The entrant will be solely responsible for any costs or taxes incurred as part of the competition, or claiming of the prize, including but not limited to any taxes.
- There is no entry fee for the competition.